miércoles, 12 de septiembre de 2012

Coats Disease, the Community - RareConnect

Coats Disease, the Community - RareConnect


Connecting Rare Disease Patients Globally

Coats disease is an idiopathic disorder characterized by an abnormal development of retinal vessels (telangiectasia) with a progressive deposition of intraretinal or subretinal exudates, potentially leading to exudative retinal detachment. 

Clayton's Story by bugsnewbs published 12 days ago

In January 2012, a week before we were due to deliver our 3rd child, a baby girl to be born with a cleft lip and palate, we took our 5 year old in for a routine eye exam only to find out he could not see out of his left eye. We thought he was kidding around and refusing to cooperate during the exam but after spending hours at the optometrist's office, it was true, he couldn't see and ...

Video: Running for a Cure to Coats' Disease by Coats Disease published 14 days ago



Chris Barnes, diagnosed with Coats' Disease -- a rare form of child blindness -- in his teenage years, is running in races across the United States to raise money for the Jack McGovern Coats...

Our journey with Coats disease by jules published 30 days ago

My son James was diagnosed April 2011 with Coats disease of his right eye when he was age 9. We live in Toronto, Canada. James was referred to Sick Kids by his ophthalmologist June 2010 after a routine eye test. He saw a yellow mass on the retina. We did not get our appointment until April 2011 and this was after me harassing everybody! He was diagnosed with Coats. During that years wait he ...

Karen's story by rdc-team published about 1 month ago

When I was about eleven, I realized I did not have full vision in my right eye. I remember being with my friend Stacy and asking each other eye doctor questions (“what do you see when you cover your left eye” kind of stuff). I cannot remember if I immediately told my mom or if it was a few days later. Upon my telling her she immediately scheduled an appointment with an ophthalmologist who in ...

Nathan's story by rdc-team published about 1 month ago

I was diagnosed with Coats disease when I was 11 years old. The yearly eye sight and hearing screening at school is who tipped my parents off that something was aloof with my vision. Personally I knew my vision wasn’t great in my left eye but I was so worried about having to wear glasses that I didn’t tell anyone.
Thinking all I needed were glasses my mom setup an appointment with an optomet...

Jack's story by rdc-team published about 1 month ago

As told by his mother, Tina. In 2006, we discovered that our son Jack had developed a rare retinal disease in his left eye called Coats disease. We have since learned that some research has been conducted on the disease, but much, much more is needed.
Coats affects mostly boys in the first few decades of life and, if not detected early, can cause permanent and total vision loss, and in extreme...

The Jack McGovern Coats Disease Foundation by The Jack McGovern Coats Disease Foundation published about 1 month ago



An informational video providing a glimpse at what Coats Disease is, how it destroys people's eyesight and what you can do to push for a treatment and cure for this disease.

Running for a Cure to Coats' Disease by The Jack McGovern Coats Disease Foundation published about 1 month ago



Chris Barnes, diagnosed with Coats' Disease -- a rare form of child blindness -- in his teenage years, is running in races across the United States to raise money for the Jack McGovern Coats...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario