miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2012

Cryoglobulinemia, the Community - RareConnect

Cryoglobulinemia, the Community - RareConnect



Connecting Rare Disease Patients Globally














Cryoglobulinemia is a disease defined by the presence of cryoglobulins; which are proteins (also called immunoglobulins or antibodies) that become thick in cold temperatures. This process can restrict blood flow causing damage (vasculitis) to: skin, joints, muscles, nerves and/or organs. 











I Care Because I'm Rare by marianne published 15 days ago


Prior to chronic illness; I was employed in the health and fitness profession. In November of 1998 I was healthy and competed in the Ms. New Jersey BodyBuilding competition. However, by December 1998 my health had radically changed. I was sore, in pain, fatigued and no longer able to lift my arms. The illness onset was rapid and totally debilitating. I had to dissolve my business and I was fo...







James Nettles Story by rdc-team published about 1 month ago



My husband James Nettles was always a very healthy, hardworking person, but in November of 2008, when the weather in Virginia became cold, he began experiencing pain in his hands and feet. His fingers and toes had begun to turn a dark color. His hands and feet swelled to unimaginable proportions. The pain was excruciating. Thinking he had severe rheumatoid arthritis. the doctors' gave hi...







Gee Whiz! by rdc-team published about 1 month ago



My health issues began thirty plus years ago with Sjogren’s. I had dry scratchy eyes which the ophthalmologist diagnosed as Sjogren’s but my rheumatologist did not agree with that diagnosis.
It also started with a strange occurrence at snow camp for my daughter. In the evening when it was mighty cold, I sat down on the stone fireplace to warm up my backside. Suddenly I experie...






My Mama, My Guy and My Service Dog by ProppSolutions published about 1 month ago


I have been asked to share my story many times and I always struggle to start writing. I am a writer, researcher and communicator yet I struggle to tell my story, why? My block stems from my belief that I am not defined by my body or by my job. I am a 41 year old woman living with a rare chronic illness called Essential Mixed Cryoglobulinemia (EMC). I have been formally diagnosed with EMC since I was 26 years old but I believe that I have had this disease since I was a young child.
I had 6 broken ankles between fourth and eight grades; a...


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario