miércoles, 4 de febrero de 2015

CDC Around the World: World Cancer Day

CDC Around the World: World Cancer Day

CDC Around the World



IN THIS MESSAGE:
photo
PHOTO OF THE WEEK
CDC and partners are working with Thailand and other countries to improve cervical cancer screening coverage. View full-sized photo
Spotlighted Topic of the Week: World Cancer Day
CDC Ebola Updates
In the News
On the Calendar






Blog of the Week
WHY I CARE ABOUT CANCER IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
I’m 30 years old and have already had cancer three times. If I lived in a developing country I likely would have died from my testicular cancer, or from my melanoma, or almost surely from my recurrence of melanoma that spread to the liver and brain. Fortunately for me, I have the opportunity to access an extraordinarily high level of care that has kept me alive and hopefully will continue to do so...read blog
blog
Infographic of the Week
CANCER WORLDWIDE
View full-sized infographic
infographic
Video of the Week
SIMPLE TECHNIQUE COULD MEAN END OF CERVICAL CANCER
Most people think of malaria, AIDS and childbirth as leading causes of death for women in sub-Saharan Africa. But there's another killer: Cervical cancer.  watch video
video
Story of the Week
INCREASING CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING COVERAGE IN THE UNITED STATES AND ABROAD
Cervical cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer deaths in women worldwide. In 2012, more than 500,000 new cases were diagnosed and more than 250,000 women died from cervical cancer globally. Eighty-five percent of these deaths occurred in low- and middle-income countries…read story
STORY


ebola map

Latest Outbreak Info
The World Health Organization has reported 22,479 cases of Ebola and 8,974 deaths worldwide…read more


In the News
CDC Team Visits Cape Mount
The New Dawn - Liberia
January 28, 2015

CDC chief: Why I have hope about 2015 Ebola fight
Fox NewsJanuary 13, 2015

CDC Director 'confident' can get to zero Ebola cases
Yahoo NewsJanuary 13, 2015
On the Calendar
March 3World Birth Defects Day

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario