viernes, 27 de febrero de 2015

Friday Health.mil News Round-Up: From Flab to Fit: Defense Health Agency’s Top Enlisted Proves it’s Never Too Late to Become Your Best; A Creative Craft Staff Member Creates Prosthetic Eyes

HealthdotMil

The following articles were recently posted on Health.mil:
Hollywood, the land of make-believe, often depicts ripped commandos, in peak physical form, storming beaches, jumping from planes and doing the impossible. While the actions may be based on reality, an all too grim truth is setting in for the Department of Defense (DoD): Service members may not be as fit as they seem.
“About 15 years ago, I was on temporary duty in Hawaii, and I had to wear a sweater in 90 degree weather, because I was having trouble making sure my belt would stay closed on my uniform. I never thought I would be that out of shape,” said Command Master Chief Terry Prince, the Defense Health Agency’s senior enlisted advisor.
Louis Gilbert has a specialized skill – one you wouldn’t expect to find in Hospital Dentistry. Working in the dental laboratory at Walter Reed Bethesda, the retired Navy dental technician creates hand-made, lifelike prosthetic eyes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario