viernes, 19 de junio de 2015

Men, Show Us Your Blue and Get Healthy

Dept. of Health & Human Services
June 19, 2015
By: Al Fitzpayne, HHS Chief of Staff
If you think working in Washington is tough, try coaching an 11-year-old girls’ basketball team.
For the past five years now, during the winter months, I’ve had the distinct honor and pleasure to coach my daughter’s basketball team. As a coach, I have a great example to follow here at HHS. Kevin Thurm, former HHS Deputy Secretary and current Senior Counselor to the Secretary, was actually my high school basketball coach.
Somewhere in between the drills, the defense and the reminders to stop double-dribbling, I have realized that perhaps the best thing I can teach these future WNBA all-stars is to keep a healthy lifestyle.
It’s something I am also trying to teach my 9-year-old soccer and tennis playing son as well. And as a dad, I could use a reminder myself. June is Men’s Health Month, and it’s a great time to step back and make sure we take care of ourselves.
READ MORE: Men, Show Us Your Blue and Get Healthy
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario