martes, 23 de junio de 2015

Sowing New Seeds in the Garden of Disability Rights Activism | Disability.Blog

Sowing New Seeds in the Garden of Disability Rights Activism | Disability.Blog



Disability Blog

Featured:


Sowing New Seeds in the Garden of Disability Rights Activism

Emily Ladau, Owner, Social Justice Media Services

By Emily Ladau, Owner, Social Justice Media Services

When speaking to established activists, elected officials or anyone from generations before me whose work is deeply entrenched in the progress of the disability rights movement, I often find myself wondering if my thoughts and ideas will be considered viable contributions. It seems that to some, the ripe young age of (nearly) 24 means I’m much too young to be experienced in sparking change or well-informed enough to express anything of value. Sadly, I’ve noticed such ageism from time to time among disability activists, even as we work towards being a community dedicated to fighting prejudice and discrimination. At the same time, I’ve found some incredible mentors within the disability community – ones who have inspired me not only to learn from them, but also to consider how I can continually do my best to contribute.
Read More about Sowing New Seeds in the Garden of Disability Rights Activism

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario