miércoles, 21 de marzo de 2018

Act Today: Ensure Our Community Is Heard in Washington

030118_PPF_EMAIL_HEADER.PNG
Dear Friend,

I'm Mary Killian from Louisville, Kentucky. I have Parkinson's disease (PD), and I'm writing to let you know how important it is to reach out to your members of Congresstoday

This week, hundreds of people with PD and their loved ones are in Washington, D.C. for the 2018 Parkinson's Policy Forum. Today, they are asking their members of Congress to increase federal funding for Parkinson's research. I've participated in the Forum in the past, but this year I'm undergoing deep brain stimulation surgery and I'm unable to travel to the event. Although I can't be there in person, I know I can make a difference by taking action from home. (Or, in my case, my recovery bed!) I hope you'll join me

In order to make the largest impact in Washington, we need to make our lawmakers' computers buzz with incoming emails. My husband and I will be sending messages to our elected officials, as will our children, friends and other family members. Getting in touch with your legislators is easy and it only takes a minute. They need to hear from you so they know what your priorities are as their constituent. 

In recent years, we've seen incredible progress in PD research, but there still is an urgent need for improved therapies and a cure. We must tell Congress to continue investing in research in order to get new treatments to the people who need them. 

Please send an email to your senators and representative today and urge them to support federal funding for Parkinson's research

Sincerely, 

Mary Killian

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario